Experience, Accessibility And Proven Results

Photo Of Daniel George Dannenbaum

The Benefits Of Having An Attorney During Uncontested Divorce

When it comes to uncontested or amicable divorce proceedings, you may be able to handle everything on your own, but are you confident that you can move through the complex forms and other processes without making any mistakes?

At my practice, Dannenbaum Law Firm, PLLC, I use my 25 years of experience to help people throughout northern Virginia and across the Washington, D.C., metro area move through the divorce process in a manner that fits their needs and individual goals.

Why Do I Need A Lawyer To Help With An Uncontested Divorce? Isn’t It Easy?

When attempting to complete an uncontested divorce in Virginia, you and your spouse can print the forms or pick up the paperwork and fill everything out on your own. However, there’s a lot to go through, including:

  • The petition for divorce
  • The confidential identifying information
  • The summons
  • The stipulated agreement
  • The waiver of service or acceptance
  • The hearing request
  • The decree of divorce
  • Numerous other documents if you and your spouse have children under 18

As you can see, filling out these documents may be a little more involved than just checking a few boxes and signing your name. It’s important to understand that if you make a mistake, you may end up paying for it later.

In many cases, clients come to me after they already tried to handle their uncontested divorce without representation. They ask if we can make changes to their property division agreements, custody agreements or other matters. In some cases, we can; in others, you’re stuck with what you signed.

As Your Attorney, I Will Make Sure You Are Treated Fairly The First Time

From filling out and filing the paperwork to ensuring you get your fair share of any marital property and assets, I’m here to help you from start to finish.

To learn more about uncontested divorce and other services I provide, call my Arlington law office at 703-661-9151 or toll free at 800-615-8904. If it’s more convenient for you to reach me via email, go ahead and complete an online contact form and I’ll reply promptly.