Daniel George Dannenbaum
Mr. Dannenbaum has been named by the Washingtonian Magazine as one of the top divorce lawyers in the Washington D.C. Metro Area and as one of the best lawyers in Washington. He was also recognized as one of the capital area's Super Lawyers by the Law & Politics. Super Lawyers identified the top 5% of the lawyers in Washington, D.C. based on a survey of more than 47,000 lawyers across the region and research conducted by Law & Politics.
He focuses his practices in all areas of family law, including cases that involve complex financial and property matters and property distribution, divorce, support, and child custody disputes. His cases have been featured in the Washington Post and on ABC's Prime Time Live.
Prior to opening his own practice, he was a principal with The Lewis Law Firm, PC and a partner with Feldesman Tucker Leifer and Fidell LLP.
Mr. Dannenbaum has lectured throughout Virginia and in Washington D.C. on a wide variety of family law topics, including annual lectures to family law lawyers on the recent developments in the law.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Child Support
- Custody & Visitation
- Complex Financial and Property Matters and Property Distribution
- Child Custody Disputes
- Virginia, 1990
- District of Columbia, 1991
- George Washington University National Law Center, Washington, District of Columbia
- J.D. - 1990
- Honors: High Honors
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- Honors: Top 10% of Law School Class
- Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- A.B. cum laude - 1983
- Major: Government
- Lectured, Virginia CLE, Arlington Bar Association
Honors and Awards
- Listed in Washington Magazine as One of Best Divorce Lawyers in DC Metro Area
- Listed in Washington Magazine as One of the Best Lawyers in DC
Past Employment Positions
- The Lewis Law Firm, Principal
- Feldesman Tucker Leifer and Fidell LLP, Partner